Harbor Hospice now has a pediatric hospice program called PANDA PROGRAM. Our Panda Program can help infants, children, teens and their families receive specialized, quality care focusing on their unique physical, emotional and spiritual needs during a life threatening illness. We work supporting families.
Our goal is to improve quality of life for patients, ensuring our patient is always comfortable at any stage of the illness. The Panda team works closely together with the family to make the best possible decisions for the child, while honoring the wishes of all involved. Our program is family-centered, coordinating care and services at home or at our inpatient facility, where we have age appropriate themed rooms.
Pediatric Hospice services include:
- Expert care from a team of specialized physicians, registered nurses, certified nurse aides, social workers, spiritual counselors and volunteers
- Developing specialized care plans for infants, children and teens
- Knowledge to make informed medical decisions
- Guidance regarding medical, financial and community services
- Patient Advocate to coordinate special non-medical request by patient and family
- Appropriate medicines, supplies and equipment
- Care available 24 hours per day, 7 days per week
Our staff is focused on providing special care and consideration to our patients, because we know children are not just small adults.